Where is Shirdi and How to get there:
Shirdi is located approximately 296 Kilometers from Mumbai (Bombay) City in India & is well connected by road, rail & air routes.
To get to Shirdi from outside India:
First, you have to travel to India. (Check with the Office of Consulate General of India in your region for visa and travel requirements.). Mumbai is the nearest International airport. Alternatively you could land in any other city which has an international airport. After reaching India, you have many options to travel to Shirdi.(see below)..
To get to Shirdi from within India:
1. From Mumbai (Bombay):
- By Air: You can take a flight from Domestic Airport in Mumbai to Shirdi Airport, which is about 15 kms from Shirdi town. You can take a cab & reach Shirdi town.
- By Road: You could take a cab, hire a private taxi or drive. (If you are an international tourist you may want to check the requirements for driver's and road regulations with the Maharashtra State Road Transport department).
- You could take a Maharashtra State Transport Bus.
- You could take a Bus operated by Private operators.
- By Rail route: You can travel by train from Mumbai (Bombay). There are 2 trains –
- Superfast Train from Dadar Central Station (Train No – 22147 at 21.45 pm, reaches Sainagar at 03.45 am covering 336 km) – 3 days a week on Mon/Wed/Sat
- Shirdi Fast Passenger train starting from Chatrapathi Shivaji Maharaj Terminal Station (Train No – 51033 at 22.55 pm, reaches Sainagar at 10.55 am covering 455 km)
For Fares, Schedules and other details contact your local travel agent, the Government of India Tourism Office, the Maharashtra State Tourism Board Office, the Central Railway booking office or the Maharashtra State Transport booking office.
2. From any other City within India:
- You could first go to Mumbai by train, bus or an air-plane and then follow the steps listed above..
- By Air: There are domestic flights from different cities like New Delhi, Kolkatta, Hyderabad, Benguluru and Kochi to Shirdi..
- By Road: You could drive, hire a cab or private taxi to take you directly to Shirdi. (If you are an international tourist you may want to check the requirements for Driver's licence and road regulations with the Maharashtra State Road Transport department). Air conditioned Luxury & sleeper coaches operate from some cities to Shirdi for the convenience of the devotees.
- By Rail route: You could take a train from the city of origin to Nagarsol / Manmad / Shirdi. Not all trains go directly from point to point. You have to check if the train goes directly to Shirdi or if you have to break your journey and change over trains. From Nagarsol / Manmad you have to take a bus or cab to Shirdi.
For Fares, Schedules and other details contact your local travel agent, the Government of India Tourism Office, the Maharashtra State Tourism Board Office, the Central Railway booking office or the Maharashtra State Transport booking office..
Schedule of Daily program in Shirdi
|| 5:15 a.m.
||Mangal Snan - Holy Bath of Shri Saibaba
|| 6:00 a.m.
||Baba Darshan Begins
|| 7:00 a.m.
|| 9:00 a.m.
|| 9:00 a.m.
|| 12:00 Noon
||Pravachan or Pujan
|| 4:00 p.m.
||Bhajan, Keertan, Vocal Music, etc
|| 9:00 p.m.
|| 10:00 p.m.