Shri Shirdi Saibaba Sansthan Of New Zealand Inc.
Code Of Conduct.
The Executive Committee of Sansthan requests all the devotees to preserve the sanctity of the temple complex.
Coming to temple for firste time
- Please make a note of temple timings to avoid the disappointment of closed doors. Please check for temple timings in the Sansthan website only —http://www//shirdisaiababa.org.nz
- Park your car without blocking the access ways to other car users. If parked in wrong places the cars will be towed away. Temple does not take any responsibilities for towed away vehicles.
- Please make use of the off-street parking if the parking is not available within the temple premises.
- Please take extra precaution when using off-street parking. You may park unknowingly in neighbours’ car parks & driveways..
- Do not leave your shoes in the entrance lobby. There are shelves provided in the designated areas on the ground floor for shoes to be kept. Wash your hands before entering the temple. Shoes are not allowed in the temple premises on the first floor.
What to bring as Prasad
- Please bring fresh fruits, dry fruits and packed sweets.
- Please check for expiry date before you buy anything to offer.
- Avoid bringing cooked food & sweets because of Health & Safety reasons.
- Please bring Prasad before 7:30 PM on Thursdays and festivals, as preparation for Baba Astothar starts after 7.30 pm.
- Please do not bring the leftovers of food or other items from home to be distributed at the temple.
In the Temple Premises
- Please dress appropriately and modestly.
- Please place all your offerings in the Hundi only.
- Maintain silence particularly while proceedings are in progress. If you are with young children, try to keep them quiet. Other devotees would really appreciate this.
- Do not eat or drink in the temple premises.
- Please listen to any announcements which are made from time to time for your benefit and also for smooth running of the temple activities.
- After the poojas and aaratis please form an orderly queue to receive blessings from Baba and other deities.
- Feel free to ask your queries from the information desk, priests, or temple staff.
- Please eat prasad given by the priests outside the temple premises.
Partaking of Mahaprasad in the dining hall
- Form an orderly queue to receive mahaprasad from the devotees serving at the counter.
- On receiving the mahaprasad, please move away from the serving area and be seated at the tables provided.
- In the interest of general tidiness and hygiene, be careful not to spill any food or water on the floor or on the seats. Give special attention to children when they eat.
- Make sure that you leave the used plates and cups carefully in the waste bins which are provided at convenient locations.
Please Cooperate to keep the temple clean.
- Please do not leave any old photos or idol’s at the temple. Check with the priests the right way to dispose of such items keeping in view the local laws.
- Please do not feed birds at any time.
- Do not allow your children to wander about without supervision.
- Help us to maintain the tidiness and cleanliness of the temple complex by leaving your litter in the designated bins.
- Leave the toilets as clean as possible.
- Do not enter into unauthorised areas such as priests’ quarters, kitchen, offices and store rooms which are clearly signposted.
- Switch off your mobile phone before entering the temple premises.
- Please ensure that your children are supervised at all times..
- We need volunteer support at various places in the temple complex. Therefore, if you are able to give your time – however short that may be – please contact the information counter.
- In addition to religious activities we have an ambitious programme to promote community and cultural activities in the temple complex. If you are able to contribute in any way, we will be delighted to hear from you.